Shortly over a year ago, the Soccer Laduma social media team created a highly interactive game for Twitter called the Mock Final. It’s played out the week before every major final in South African and World football, a final before the big final, to maximise the high engagement rates that surround these big games.
The results never disappoint and more recently, brands have been getting involved. Nedbank sponsored the Nedbank Cup #MockFinal, in which their Twitter handle was tagged along with every post. This essentially means that when the hashtag trends, which it inevitably does in South Africa on the day, brands are mentioned along with it!
The most recent Mock Final was played the Thursday before the UEFA Champions League final in early June and #MockFinal was the second top trending conversation of the day in the country!
The 63 tweets used to play out the #MockFinal received an impressive 717 interactions on Twitter, consisting of 331 retweets, 137 favourites and 249 replies.
The Mock Final is the perfect opportunity for brands to associate themselves with football on Twitter, with a chance to even showcase product during halftime posts and the possibility of incentivising engagement with a competition. The Mock Final even has a dedicated list of power players; followers we look forward to and play the game on a hugely interactive level!
With the entire Mock Final experience being what it is, the Soccer Laduma Twitter account is able to connect with our 240 000 football-loving followers in a lighten hearted and fun way, endearing them to the brand and filling their timeline with humour.
To view the full engagement element of the game, search #MockFinal on Twitter and prepare to be blown away with the positive sentiment.
Mock Final Package cost: R35 000 incl. agency commission, excl. VAT.
- How Analysing Numbers Can Change Your Business ( July 15, 2015 )
- Content That Works On Facebook! ( July 7, 2015 )
- Millions Of Reasons To Partner With Soccer Laduma! ( July 2, 2015 )
- Transfer Window: Cash In On Breaking News ( June 22, 2015 )
- Android Drives Massive Smartphone Growth On Soccer Laduma ( June 17, 2015 )
- 1 Million Facebook Likes: Not Just A Vanity Number ( June 12, 2015 )
- LSMs Are Irrelevant In Townships ( May 17, 2015 )
- The Emergence of the Ubuntu Millenial ( May 15, 2015 )
- Native Advertising… Someone’s Going To Call Bull$*#! ( April 29, 2015 )
- Kaizer Chiefs + League Title = Internet Hit! ( April 15, 2015 )