Why We Do Publishing?
We started Soccer Laduma because we simply love football and so do our readers and we wanted to give them a big say in what appears in the newspaper and in South African football. We knew by recognising and respecting our mutual love of the game we would create incredible, original content.
How We Do It?
Firstly, finding the right people to meet the why and people who love football. Secondly, having an effective structure of managing people. Thirdly, we have six golden rules to editorial – planning, planning, planning, preparation, preparation, preparation, listening to our readers and giving them what they want and be first to find the stories and giving those stories life.
What’s The Result?
The result is an environment where our readers are having fun and continue to come back to and a trusting relationship is created. This equates to continual growth for the company editorially:
- 330 000 sales weekly
- 3.2 million readers per week
- Second biggest publication in South Africa and biggest sporting publication in South Africa.
Soccer Laduma is the only publication in South Africa to show positive growth from 2010 to 2014.
- We publish 75 stories daily!
- We have 3.1 million monthly unique browsers.
- We generate between 40 and 45.7 million monthly page views each month.
- The engagement is huge, our readers are commenting on stories 250 000 times a month! Leaving in the region of 8 000 comments on the website a day.
- Making us the 6th biggest mobile site in South Africa.
Our mobile site has seen a 81.44% increase in unique browsers from December 2012 – December 2014. Our website’s unique browsers increased by 110% from December 2012 – December 2014.